Tuesday 3 February 2009

Life after tax returns...

I'm sorry I haven't written anything for quite a while, I've been trying to concentrate on my tax return. I'm one of those people who need the panic to set in, when I realise I have less than a week to complete it, to actually get it done. For the first time ever, I manage to finish it about 24 hours before the deadline!

We had a great weekend with all the dogs in both puppy classes and Basic Obedience classes doing really well. Shame it was so windy and cold though!

I've got some really nice groups running at the moment and they are all doing so well. I must remember to bring my camera with me, so I can take pictures of all these gorgeous dogs, especially when they are training. If you've brought your camera to class at some point and have pictures of the training, please send them to me. You can see the playing pictures of your dogs on http://picasaweb.google.com/DogBasics/DogBasicsDogs#

Just had a discussion about training in the snow with Pam Haynes (http://www.thedogschool.org.uk). She's hoping it disappears by the weekend, but I would rather it stayed. My personal experience is that the dogs are easier to get into sits, downs and stays in snow, than it is to get them to do it on wet muddy ground. What is your experience with your dogs?

I hope you can all enjoy the snow while it is here. Today is a glorious day for dog walks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although Snoopy is a beagle, a real working breed, he has to be the biggest tart when it comes to the weather! He will work in rain, mud and snow, but then spends the next 24 - 36 hours cleaning his paws!!! :) He also flat out refuses to walk through puddles and throws a real paddy if he has too! So you can imagine what its like trying to get him to sit, or lay - as little of him touches the ground as he can physically get away with!